Wednesday, February 04, 2015

My First Brompton aka Bekay

Frame: Steel
Suspension: Standard Block
Fork: Steel 
Number of Gears: 6 
Shifters: Brompton Shifting 
Chainset: BSR 6 Speed 
Pedals:Brompton folding on left. Aluminium cage flat pedal on right 
Brakeset: Brompton dual-pivot callipers with Fibrax cartridge pads 
Brake Levers: Brompton Aluminium 
Handlebars: S Type 
Wheelset: Brompton standard 6 Speed BSR 
Front Tyre: Brompton Kevlar 
Rear Tyre: Brompton Kevlar 
Saddle: Brompton Standard 
Seatpost: Brompton Standard 
Accessories: Nil 
Weight: 11kg
I decided to buy a Brompton sometime September 2014 via an online purchase and having a friend to bring it back home from England. And it was only after having several units of folding bikes and a plan to travel oversea with a folding bicycle that prompted me to buy the most compact folding bicycle.
Trying out the brand new B and mind you the shifting of gears is different from others and one has to get use to it. Similarlly one has to get used to its folding mechanism but slowly and surely one shall master it.
I named this iron horse as Bekay (BK) basically because of it colour. Why B because it for Brompton or Brazil and "K" because it's for Kedah the state that I was born that's "Hijau Kuning". As time goes by I tend to like BK for its agility, convenient and portability.
I have never regretted taking up this lovely hobby of pedalling small wheels, it has taken me to many places and events. They were all memorable and interesting. I hope it will continue to bring me more joy and allow me to see more beautiful happenings in the future. Let's cycle and hApPyCycling.

No comments: