Monday, September 14, 2009

Bak Kut Teh @ Leng Kee, Jalan Khalidi, Muar

I started my week in Muar with a meeting with our business associates at Leng Kee Bak Kut Teh Shop. This Bak Kut Teh shop is one of the best in Muar but nothing close to Klang’s bak Kut Teh. So people of Muar, if you really fancy Bak Kut Teh, then you must go to Klang for such wonder.
Located opposite a Toyota Show Room
is Leng Kee Bak Kut Teh
At Jalan Khalidi,
Muar
N2°02.382' E102°33.837'

Assam Pedas of Muar – a Red Fish Head. The fish is fresh but I prefer the one at Jalan Jonid (JJ de Malay version).
Like I said nothing to shout about this BKT but good enough to break my fast and start a good day @ Muar.

Stir fried tapioca leave, young and delicious.

Yam Rice to go with the Bak Kut Teh with green pea in it.

3 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

I find the food taste in Muar rather different from central. Not very sure if the Southern taste rather different event their curry.

hApPy HaPpY said...

Hi BBO,
Generally I find that northern taste buds are more challenging they go for hot & spicy stuffs.
Southern taste buds are conservative, they shy away from assam laksa, hot curry & spicy foods.
Central are a combination of north & south.
That's my observation.....
Have a good day.

Robo said...

The JB BKT are even better than this Leng Kee BKT. Maybe that's the best of Muar. :)