Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Day Before OCBC Cycle Singapore 2013 for a Mini Tour

A trip that was planned a couple of of months ago and eventually I am back to the City of Lion for another adventure. I started from Sindor Road and the time was 6am.

The first place I had to find was Nex Mall @ Serangoon where I supposed to meet LK Tan & two lady riders from Kuala Lumpur.
I managed to find Nex Mall without any difficulty and had ample time for a breakfast. I found a Food Court next to the mall where I ordered a Singapore Prawn Mee (with pork ribs added). The taste was reasonably good.
Here come the power ladies Kellie & Suit Yan.
This is Tan, my counter part in Singapore.
We bumped into Kevin at mid-way riding whom we were supposed to meet at F1 Bldg. Then came the rain as forecast. We were so near the meeting point yet so far from the building.
Eventually all met up at Singapore Flyer together including Patrick Soh & Kenny Wong, all waiting eagerly for the rain to stop.
 Joe & myself took the opportunity to collect our goodies from the collection centre.

Finally the rain stopped and we were all set to go.
I was lucky to meet Woon Tai Woon on our way out off the building, I hope we can meet again in the near future either in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur.
Security measures at the Marina Bay was very tight as expected.
We took a brief rounding the vicinity with many photos taken for remembrance.
We maneuvered attentively out of the centre city via Geylang and Hougang towards north.
An amazing super clean back lane of the shop houses of Paya Lebar.
Kellie needed to pump air into her tryes and an expert to adjust her handle. This particular man in blue did it all these for free it is unbelievable. I was impressed with his generosity and I salute to him.
At last we reached the PCN (Park Connector Network) of Serangoon.
We were impressed with PCN, such a lovely set up for cycling. 
Our hero came to a rescue for a girl fallen and needed first aid badly and Patrick was the man, good and well equipped. Well done Pat!!!
This is a public toilet with external metal cladded finish that is clean, attractive with free drinking water fountain for you to refill.
A bridge that can lead to Changi & East Coast unfortunately that was not in our plan and hence I shall be back for this bridge in the near future.
These dames were having a photography session and were sporting enough to allow me to take a snap with them.
 Some of the scenes at the Park Connector Network.

We ended our riding adventure at this building "North Star" @ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 where we completed with a makan together before we splitted our own way back.
A total of 58.17km that I have completed for the day from Sindor and back to Sindor.
The route we took from Marina bay to Punggol and its surroundings.
I enjoyed riding in Singapore and there are still plenty to conquer and I hope to come back for more.

No comments: