Friday, February 05, 2016

Nyonya Tanjung Bunga - We are back.

The last time I blog on this restaurant Tanjung Bunga was way back in January 2012, business is still as good as usual, the younger generation has taken the restaurant for quite sometime and has been holding the fort very well. Thumb up for that.
Perut Ikan - everyone seems to like this dish very much and it bring us memories when we were living back in Penang, we used to savour this dish either from our mum's kitchen or somewhere in the island and definitely it has vouched to be still a favourite dish among us.
Thai mango salad was very appetising and everyone of us enjoyed it.
Jiu Hu Char - again we talked about my mum's Jiu Hu Char we used to eat whenever she cooked it for Chinese New Year unfortunately this time she has stopped cooking for CNY as eating out was easier when the number of people eating has mushroomed. I prefer my mum's Jiu Hu Char, the one here is slightly too wet.
Coffee spare ribs was interesting and yummy.
4 Heavenly Kings with sambal udang was also delicious comprising of lady's fingers, petai, brinjal and angle (winged) beans.
Claypot Tofu specially ordered for my father in-law something soft and tasty for him to enjoy.
Tomyam was too sour, I told them we are in a Nyonya restaurant we shouldn't have ordered Thai dishes, it's a mistake in deed. 
Ever since I was young I have always enjoy prawns cooked in this way that is fried with assam but I like it fried slightly darker and drier.
This Ma Yeaw Yee did not pass my fellow companions as they were the ones behind the kitchen of Ping Wah that specailises this fried fish dish. I would think it's has to do with the freshness of the fish.
Restaurant Tanjung Bunga
117 Jalan SS2/6,
Petaling Jaya.
Tel :03 7877 4531
GPS : 3.115969,101.616652

No comments: