Sunday, November 02, 2014

See Kong Ooi Restaurant - For a Nice Home Cooked Food in Penang

Let's go back to Penang for the weekend.
Yes I am back for another food hunting adventure.
After a heavy day stuffing so much food into my tummy I decided to go for something simple and nice like a home cooked food before I call it a day. We went to See Kong Ooi Restaurant at Transfer Road, an old restaurant which was established since 1936.
We started the dinner with a bowl of seaweed soup with minced meatballs, fishballs and egg and it was my favourite dish among all the dishes, soup can get me go bonkers the minute I start sipping it.
Assam prawns was served separately with a small saucer of sambal belacan and it was another great food on the table. Frankly speaking I like the Assam prawns to be cooked until it's dry with a smoky burnt fragrant of assam ...that will be awesome.
A dish of crunchy stir fried green Kailan.
Steamed minced pork with salted fish garnished with thin strips of ginger, red chilli and spring onion just like some mothers at home could do it.
Assam curry fish was naughtily sour but satisfactorily nice & interesting with our taste buds.
The pricing was very reasonable, food was served in a pretty fast time despite it was crowded and most importantly the food was good. Kudos to the young generation who have taken over the shop from their grandparents.
See Kong Ooi Restaurant
 西公園飯店
7 & 9 Transfer Road,
10050 Georgetown, Penang
Tel: 04 - 2627845 / 018 - 409 2256 / 016 - 444 9990
Business Hours: 11:00am - 11:00pm
GPS : 5.422267,100.331212

No comments: