Wednesday, August 29, 2018

CFAL 10 - Day 1 Kuala Lumpur - Gurun - Yan

Last August I ventured into a Cycle Malaysia tour around peninsular for 43 days but this time around I planned to join a group of friends touring from Padang Besar to Penang where I hope to catch them somewhere in Gurun.
From my house I cycled to KL Sentral to catch a train to Gurun.
I stopped by at Mikebikes, Matic Jalan Ampang for a toilet break. With KK who was on duty to show the city to tourists on bikes.
I am ready for the train journey and will be away for 5 days.
A view from the train into the beautiful lake of Bukit Merah.
From Gurun Train Station I took a taxi to get closer to Pulau Bunting, Yan. I visited the same warong I visited one year ago where I met a fellow tourer by the name of Zari Zari. I chatted with the warong operator and had her nasi goreng with teh O ais limau (that was my lunch). The above 2 photos showing the 2 different visits to this warong.

At last we met up at the entrance of the bridge to Pulau Bunting
Kedah has many kuala (river mouths) and always comes with many beautiful scenery of fishing boats and its mooring.
Paddy fields of Kedah is always beautiful and unique.
Month of August is Independence month let's us raise our national flags.
Their journey continued to Penang and was glad to be able to join them from here.
 A shop keeper in Yan recommended us a Thai Food restaurant for dinner. The Mee Udang was delicious, the prawns were fresh and succulent.
We managed to find a homestay without much of hassle it is located just opposite Pantai Murni Waterfront, Jalan Pantai Murni GPS : 5.794082, 100.367832 Brian mending the third patch on his front wheel.
The long silted walkway into the sea.
A selfie at the end of the walkway and good night on my Day 1.


No comments: