Sunday, September 16, 2012

Going Penang for CFAL4

A day before the event I drove up to Penang to get myself prepared for the CFAL4 ride. Along my drive at the north south highway I could see a number of cars ferrying bicycles heading to Penang. I guess they were also going for the same event.
The minute I landed in the island I went straight to this shop for beef soup noodle. I was glad that it was still opened and this time I won't miss it.
My favourite beef soup koay teow at Chulia Street just opposite the fire station (Bomba). I was truly satisfied with it.
I decided to take out my folding bike to look for a bicycle shop to change my pedal to a non collapsible type. I had it changed at a shop in Carnarvon Street.
It was a free and easy ride around Georgetown after I got my bicycle fixed at Cyclon Cycle shop. I enjoyed visiting the heritage buildings of Penang. Over here was a scene of the famous cendol. Standing & eating is a part of Penang food paradise and that's the fun at Penang Road.
At Stewart Lane where the old residential houses of those days.

Penang is dedicated to improve and make cycling fun in the state and it is obviously starting well. Keep it up.
Old but elegant looking Kapitan Keling Mosque.
Goddess of Mercy Temple where the locals would come for prayers and offerings.
Kuta Bali Food Court at Paya Terubong, Air Itam GPS : 5.391602,100.276307

That was my dinner with my family members in Penang and tomorrow is a big day. I has to wake up very early in the morning.


No comments: