Saturday, May 17, 2014

Restoran Uma - Balinese Cuisine at The Strand

The last time I visited this place was about 3 years back and my colleague suggested Uma for a birthday lunch. Why not I remember the food was good and the ambiance was lovely.
There were five of us from the office shared a package "Paket "A"" comprising of Celeng Base Manis (braised tender pork meat in kicap manis), Balinese grilled chicken, grilled tuna in banana leaf, minced fish satay (sate lilit), pork sausage (urutan), hard boiled eggs with sambal, salad, spicy potato fries and the awesome sambals. 
5 pieces of sweet soy sauce grilled pork ribs just a perfect number for us and the bite and taste were awesome.
A separate order of a black eye pea rice.
I like the lukewarm serai drink.
Happy Birthday to Ms. Liow!!!
We enjoyed the food very much, I love the idea of a porky Indonesian food and it's authenticness of a Balinese taste. Though they do not serve babi guling but our local char sui is better.
I would love to come back to try it's bebek (duck) ..... it reminds me of "Dirty Duck Restaurant" in Bali.
The Uma

7-G & 7-1 Jalan PJU 5/21
The Strand, Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603 6142 2771
Business Hours:
Lunch: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Dinner: 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm
(Closed on Tuesdays) 
GPS : 3.154695, 101.592290

No comments: