Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lorong Petaling - Flea Market

At 7.00am I arrived at Dataran Merdeka which I supposed to do my gym stuff but I decided to change the plan and instead went for a detour. I decided to take a walk around the city as another mean of so called exercise and headed towards Petaling Street (Chinatown of Kuala Lumpur). On arriving at the Chinatown, there was nothing much of a happening at Petaling Street except I found a very exciting back lane named Lorong Petaling. This lane is actually sandwiched between Petaling Street and Sultan Street.
Lots of people from all kind of races were busy trading among themselves at such an early time of the day. These were virtually willing sellers and willing buyers and they were definitely trading in a happy mode.
They were trading all kind of stuffs and mainly are old, used or second hand stuffs. Stuffs such as shoes, clothing, scrap iron, watches, VCDs, medicine, jewelry, hand phones, perfumes, TV, radio, you name it you can get it here. Seem to me that most of these stuffs were either stolen or salvaged from rubbish dumps.
The was even a side walk café confined at this back lane serving hot drinks, toasts, half boiled eggs and noodles and it was crowded with people.

This lane reminds me of Lorong Kulit in Penang, but this one in KL is not as huge as Penang. Always wonder why these peoples only trade in the morning.

No comments: