Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thalapakattu Nasi Byriani @ Briyani Serban, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman

This is an Indian Muslim shop that specilaises in Briyani Rice called Thalapakattu and it is very popular in Chennai.
Located at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman closer to Chow Kit Road facing the old Cycle & Carriage car showroom (now it has been demolished for a new development).

It was spicy with strong flavour and smells good.
Served with onion salad, dhall and spicy veg soup.
My share of a chicken bryani rice with a boiled egg for RM10.00. I am impressed it's not oily and it tasted awesome.
The spicy (pepper) veg soup. I like it.
The Serban's chair.
Some of the write ups of Chennai popular nasi Bryani and its connection in India.
An old antique clock hanging on the ceiling at the shop.
Pay here after your satisfied meal and please come back again.

Nasi Briyani Serban (Thalapakattu)
Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
Kuala Lumpur
GPS : 3.161965,101.697803

Lihat Peta yang Lebih Besar

3 comments:

Kash said...

Never hear of this type of Bryani, even though I'm Indian myself,lol. But looks good! Maybe when I'm back I can go there to try with you!

Tailim said...

Kash - Malaysia is a fortunate and colourful country we have all kind of everything like food.

Unknown said...

Yesterday (30th Dec 2016), i took my family here around 12 noon and it was closed.. anyone know y it was closed during the day esp lunch time..?

Even i love this biriyani and the veg soup :)

regards
Sudhakar