Wednesday, May 08, 2013

My Participation in OCBC Cycle Singapore 2013

Thanks to Lilian for getting us a good offer @ Parkroyal Hotel at Beach Road. Ta Chew will be back.
The best part of the stay was that they allowed us to sleep with our bicycle.
The hotel is about less then 2km away from F1 building and we have to be there early before six we must be there..
Thousands of participants going through from various points to get into position for the flag off.
The flag off time was 6.15am and eventually the siren came and off we went...
At the grand stand there were cheer leaders cheering us off the race.
Generally the terrain is flat besides a few climbs at the overhead bridges which on the overall scale was quite monotonous cycling in the major roads of clean Singapore.
One of the 2 stations to quench your thirst.
On the return route I missed the Lap 2 as I thought it was for the 60km plus ride hence I have only completed 37km instead of 42km.
At the finishing line I met two friends from Kuala Lumpur Lau & Yik.

A medal for this mega event, yes....and thanks pretty.
Moslim from Shah Alam, I like his cycling adventure and I wish I can follow the way he does it.
Met a new facebook friend Leong YS and he was surely surprised that I can recognise him.
The group that went for a mini tour to Punggol a day before this event.
Having fun with the mannequins.
At last I had the chance to have a closer look at this unique bike. Awesome I like it.
The ride was over, so many cyclists hanging around the F1 building admiring bicycles, accessories, costumes, pretty ladies etc etc...
From Marina Bay a few of us cycled to Newton Circus for our lunch. I was very hungry no food since morning and after pedaling for more than 40 over kilometres.

Kevin recommended this homemade meat balls noodle.
After the food we went separate ways, Joe & myself were heading to Parkroyal Hotel where we took Scott Road and Orchard Road. The rain came we just cycled as much as possible through covered verendah and taking shelter at five foot way. It was fun going through this shopping paradise of Singapore.
Plaza Singapura
Old & original facade of Cathay with modern structure behind (not so new already maybe should tear down again for a ultra modern development).
Poor Lan Chia Pek want to sleep and yet Joe in the mood to bug him.
Raffles Hotel when can I stay here for a night.
We were already near our hotel and we decided to take a detour for Arab Street

We like this lane with more much of expression and surprisingly to see Singapore so liberal in the name of art.
I like graffiti and many others to see.
The well preserved old Singapore like this religious building and Malay heritage at this area.
Hello pretty from Philippines a picture with you... she was such a sport. We will be back to Singapore for more cycling. 

No comments: