Sunday, October 08, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 18 - Tumpat to Kota Bharu

Catching sun rise has been fun for me ever since I reached the shore of east coast. I made sure that I wake early and be at the seaside by or before 7.00am.
A selfie on my bicycle after taking a couple of snaps of the sun rise.
The calm bay of Sri Tujuh Beach
Unfortunately I would not wait for the event to start because I have to be at Kota Bharu by lunch time.
Breakfast at this warong Restoran Aliff next to Senangin Resort on the main road of Jalan K. Tuhuh.
What a delicious plate of nasi berlauk, it is so yummy and thinking back as I am writing this I am drooling.
Rumah Api means light house, an old light house found behind the railway station at Tumpat. It was believed that this brickwall light house remained in use until World War II and the Japanese Forces used it as a watch tower. It is a restricted area a policeman stopped me from entering the compound and I could only take pictures from the outside.
A display of old train wheels at Tumpat Railway Station.
Tumpat Railway Station is the last station and the end of the railway track from Gemas (530km apart). It is also known as the East Coast Line built in 1914. I hope to try this railway service to Kelantan one day from Kuala Lumpur.
I have marked this temple to be visited and that is the Dragon Boat Temple or known as Wat Mai Suwankhiri. It is located Kg. Bukit Tanah, Tumpat GPS : 6.105893, 102.153556
The hall of Wat Mai Suwankhiri with a standing Buddha statue in the two pitched roof. The original temple has been here for more than 100 years ago built by craftsmen from Thailand. 
The dragon boat temple with 4 dragons surrounding the boat and water features.
Somewhere before reaching Wakaf Bharu I turned off into athe inner road at Dewan Mak Jah Pasir Pekan where I ended near Sultan Yahya Petra Bridge.
Re-visiting Muhammadi Mosque at Jalan Masjid. The last time I came was with my tourist guiding college mates where we had the opportunity to enter the mosque with a comprehensive commentary.
At last I made it to Kota Bharu and the journey continues ........
This was the day I cycled from KL to Kota Bharu to my friends' office Lim & Chua. I simply love the idea.
Jack & Jane brought me to a Thai eatery stall, Ulam Eh Poh close to Kelantan River near Tokong Mek  also known as Tin Hin Kong Temple at Jalan Kg.Cina. GPS : 6.144075, 102.23445.
The salad "ulam" is popular, a fried pork belly, deep fried mackerel fish, an omelette and tomyam soup. It was a gorgeous lunch, truly Thai and delicious. Thumb up.
A studio aparment at KBCC clean and comfortable. Let me know if you need a place to stay in Kota Bharu next time.
Kang Boon Chye is another Kelantanese friend whom I listed to my in the tour, he was my ex-classmate from Pre-U class in TAR College. Thumb up for a great friendship.
A simple dinner at Restoran Sun Too Baru at Jalan Hamzah before a booze session later in the evening.
Self service laundary is available at the ground floor of the apartment and KB Mall is just next to the place. I re-wash all clothing here for a thorough cleaning.
After patronising Kelantan Golf & Contry Club we adjourned to an "Irish pub" in Kota Bharu. That was an eye opener for me "an Irish pub in KB" believe it or not. The actual name is Golden City Restaurant the younger generation of the operator has changed its concept of F&B.
And what a small world I met a friend from KL it was none other than Phang who is an ardent cyclist.
An easy and relaxing ride to Kota Bharu.

No comments: