Something I learned about Beaujolais Nouveau :-
1. Celebrate on every third Thursday of November all over the world since the ancient Roman’s time.
2. Young red wine from gamay grapes
3. short fermentation period – 4 days (badly fermented)
4. immediate drinking, and in general should not be kept for more than a year
5. produced in the Beaujolais region
6. very fruity with aromas of ripe cherry and banana
7. a wine not great but for an excuse to gather & party.
And for the first time we have it in Royal Selangor Club
Cocktail de crevette rose (Prawn Cocktail) – fresh & succulent prawns with salad. For wine it was Georges Duboeuf Macon Villages
A basket of Crispy Garlic Breads
Crème de potage de poireau (cream of leek soup) and as for wine it was Georges Duboeuf Pouilly Fuisse
Lavender Balsamic Lamb – Rack of lamb marinated with garlic, Balsamic & spring herbs with Balsamic sauce. Georges Duboeuf Moulin A Vent to go with the main course.
Roasted chicken with Tarragon Sauce
Strawberry Delight – and the last wine before the final presentation of Beaujolais Nouveau was Georges Duboeuf Fleurie.