Saturday, January 09, 2010

Restoran Do Do Do (Beef Bak Kut Teh) @ Tangkak, Johore

Whenever we talk about food in Tangkak, we would probably talk about their famous Beef Noodle and particularly the one at Restoran Kuang Fei, located at Jalan Solok. But today I bring you to another gem recommended by my classmate, Chau Liang from this town of Tangkak itself and it is Restoran Do Do Do.
It is slightly difficult to find compare to Kuang Fei but not that difficult if you really want to find it (afterall Tangkak is a small town). For ease of reaching this shop use a GPS device and the coordinates provided then you will be there.


My first attempt to visit this place was unsuccessful because it was probably a Wednesday (the day they close their shop) or it was too early for the shop to open. At last I managed to visit it, there were quite a number of customers in the shop and they were all looking cool (they must be the locals) and I bet I was the only outsider there. There were tables eating with clay pots just like what we see in a typical Bak Kut Teh outlet.

The beef soup looks just like our KL Bak Kut Teh, strong colour of soya sauce and there were beef stomach, tendons and meat in the mixed beef soup. I tell you, the soup is delicious, I left the bowl clean and dry and what a wonderful piece of satisfaction at Taman Tangkak Jaya.
I could not have the privilege to eat sumptuously with a big clay pot because I was alone. So I ordered a dry version noodle “Kon Loh mee” with a bowl of mixed beef soup. The noodle in Tangkak is slight tough and with a distinguish taste of flour but it was a nice experience.

The Chill sauce in red is the standard sauce for beef soup and the other one in green is the “happening” sauce, I enjoyed both of it but I love the green one which has given me a lot of kicks and sweat…..


The next time I want to order the clay pot version, apparently it comes with additional herbs and it tastes different from the standard soup. We shall see…..

Do Do Do Restaurant
No. 1546, Jalan Bidara 9,
Taman Tangkak Jaya,
84900 Tangkak, Johor
Tel: 06-9789811, 016-2369298
10am to 5pm Closed on Wed

GPS : 2.273351,102.55235

5 comments:

foodbin said...

chillies sauce must be good to go with the beef soup noodle or else???

Unknown said...

wow... the ko lon mee must be good from the look of it.

Tailim said...

foodbin - you are absolutely right the chilli sauce plays an important part of the food.

foodParadise - the mee is different from Penang & KL but tastes good too.

ynf said...

The clay pot version is 10 times better. Prepare by the boss, you can order 1 person portion, it cost you RM10. Best goes with rice. Also, you should try thier home made ais limes juice.

Tailim said...

ynf - your comment is strong I am going back there to try it again. Thanks.