Sunday, December 07, 2008

Malaysian Catastrophes


It was 11 December 1993 on a Saturday afternoon I was playing my usual weekend basketball at Taman Setiawangsa where I heard about the Highland Tower tragedy. Highland Tower is about 4km away from Setiawangsa. This tragedy was a major one for Malaysia it was also being aired in CNN international news.

Last Friday 5 December we heard of news on a landslide in Damansara area, Jalan Semantan next to CIMB office.

And 6 December 2008, also a Saturday and major landslide disaster occurred at Bukit Antarabangsa not too far away the Highland Tower site where there were people killed during this early morning disaster. My deepest condolences to the families of the deceases whom were killed in this tragedy.
And also my sympathy to the thousands of people who have to evacuate from their homes.

No comments: