Saturday, July 04, 2009

A Night with Mr. P.S. Rou @ Kelana Jaya

The most wonderful email I have received this week was from Thinakaran who works in Bernama and he sent me 5 old photographs of an old student gathering with Mr. P.S. Rou, our Physics Teacher from Sultan Badlishah School. This gathering with Mr. P.S. Rou was held in Kelana Jaya Seafood Restaurant which is now disappeared (torn down for a new development) in Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya on 30 April 2004 (Mr. Rou corrected the date for me which I got it wrong earlier. Thanks for the email).
Mr. P.S. Rou is a distinguished teacher from Kulim during the 60’s to 80’s where he has taught and produces many prominent personalities all over the entire universe. His name is always remembered by us as students and also members of Kulim Club. He has returned to India and came back to Malaysia for a short break where we had to opportunity to gathered and meet up with him in Kelana Jaya.

Yeoh Liew Se, listening attentively to his Teacher just like during the days in Sultan Badlishah School.

My friends Tan Teow Choon and Tan Kean Hooi were there too, sitting next to Liew Se.

It was indeed a wonderful meeting where I meet old students of Sultan Badlishah School and as old as my parent. All the best to you, Mr. P.S. Rou.
Thank you Mr. Thinakaran Shanmugam for the wonderful photographs you have forwarded to us to share.

7 comments:

tamijudin said...

dear tailim,

thank you for sharing these pictures of mr rao. a man i wish i could meet once in my lifetime again!

tamijudin

hApPy HaPpY said...

hi tamijuddin,
You are most welcome. Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

hai.....TQ for visiting my blog and sharing those pictures. i only knew about mr rou's visit long after the meeting was held. some senior friends told me about that.

wish if we could have a gathering again.

visimindaku said...

hai.....TQ for visiting my blog and sharing those pictures. i only knew about mr rou's visit long after the meeting was held. some senior friends told me about that.

wish if we could have a gathering again.

Tailim said...

Hi Zaidin,
We hope it will be a bigger gathering when Mr. P.S. Rou revisit Malaysia. I think he will hbe back...

Anonymous said...

Sin Tai Lim,

My name is Faizul, was known as Puspa Kumar in those days. Form 5 1971. Deputy Head Prefect and Scouts Troop Leader that year. Active in sports.
Mr Rao was our Physics Master too.

I tried hard but could not recognize anyone in the photo's. I suppose everyone has changed and got older.

my email mfaizula@streamyx.com

Unknown said...

Dear TaiLim,

Thanks for sharing. I was there from 1977 - 1981/83; PS Rao was my Physics teacher too and also in charge of our school tennis team when I was in Form 4.
I know Dave Li Wanji through Pohon Beringin. In the group pic here, I can also see Ahmad Zaki next to you; who was my older brother's classmate back then.
Anyway, keep up the good work and I would love to be included in any of future plans for any form of gathering.
I can be reached at amizan@ckmusic.com.my