Monday, March 15, 2010

Pan Mee @ Lorong Haji Taib 4 & 5, Chow Kit, KL.

This is a popular Pan Mee stall in the vicinity of Chow Kit area and has been in business since 1975. It was so long time ago (a year before I came to KL for study & cari makan). And apparently acclaimed as the original hand made noodle in town.

It is located at the road bend between Lorong Haji Taib 4 & 5 probably you can call it the 'Pan Mee Corner' of Chow Kit.

In the bowl of noodle there are plenty of mushrooms sliced into thin pieces, fried shallot, thin slices of lean meat, vege “sawi” and the hand made noodle.

I have found it was never my bowl of noodle since the first time I tried several years back and it’s still not my bowl of noodle when I tried again this morning. Why?
Somehow something is missing.... yeah no ikan billis lah, I mean anchovies (maybe I would like it with something more interesting, crunchy and tasty what will go very well with the Pan Mee). But it is all very personal. I know of a friend who likes it so much and will keep on visiting this place. Surely it is his kind of noodle!

You can see these chili sauce and others on each and every table.

Tian YaKe Ban Mian
Original Hand Made Noodle
Lorong Haji Taib 4 & 5
Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 012-235-666
GPS : 3.165664,101.697645

2 comments:

Vivien said...

love this noodle, as the noodle is kinda thick, my kind of noodle

Tailim said...

Vivien - you are like my friend who loves this kind of noodle. Happy eating.