Monday, March 01, 2010

My First Hole-in-One @ Kelab Golf Titiwangsa PDRM, KL


I got a Hole in One! This is my first ever Hole-in-One since I started playing golf in 1998. It took me 12 years to achieve this dream of all golfers. What a fantastic day on the last day (15th Day) of Chinese New Year celebration or also popularly known as Chop Goh Meh. Indeed this is the best Ang Pow for this Chinese New Year of the Tiger.



It happened on Hole No.1 Par 3 it was our last hole of the Chinese New Year Trophy 2010 of Kelab Golf Titiwangsa PDRM (we started at Hole No. 2 on a shot gun mode).
We were on our back nine and were playing on white tee box, the distance is 139 metres and downhill I took my 6 Iron where better golfers would use 9 Iron but who cares as long as you can arrive nicely on the green that matters most. I had the honour to tee off first as I got a birdie in our previous hole and the rest was history my faded ball landed about 6 feet behind the pin and miraculously rolled into the hole. We shouted jubilantly 'Hole-in-One !!!' it was the best feeling of my golfing days.

I had a good lunch at the club house and had an honour to ring the bell at the club house.

My flightmates at our first tee off at Hole No.2 and they were Lee Choon Peng, Chan Tiek Lian and Lai Kim Hon. And the colourful members of Titiwangsa at Hole No.4.

We had a private bet Dormie 3-1-1, second nine double up and all fringes. Our first nine was a disaster; second nine was better where things started to happen for us.

The swings and thrills from our flight…..




I told Guna de Barman to let loose the beer tap, let it flows as I do not know when will the 2nd Hole-in-One come again? As news spread friends start coming into Twilight Zone to jointly celebrates this wonderful occasion.

The man, Abu Karim who gave me a couple of tips at the driving range a day before this tournament and I was glad he was able to come and here he was singing joyously.


Prizing presentation for the winners of this tournament and I got this box of balls from the Club. I was told that I can make a claim of RM1,500 from the Insurance Company for this Hole-in-One.


8 comments:

Faizul said...

Congratulations my friend.
A hole-in-one is something special. Since 1994 until now no joy for me.

Tailim said...

Be patient my friend time will come when the lucky star strikes... and I see it coming.

Pam said...

Congratulations...
My dad did that once... more than 20 years ago in Taiping Golf Course... The golf course is no longer there *Sigh*

Tailim said...

Tarts and Pies - Thanks. I heard about the Taiping Golf course, nice place & I like it very much. In fact I stayed at the club house once couple of years back.

UnkaLeong said...

Congrats on the hole-in-one! Did you buy the clubhouse a round?

Tailim said...

UnkaLeong - Thanks and Of course it was more than a round.

worldwindows said...

That calls for some celebration!

Tailim said...

worldwindows - have been celebrating what is one more....