Saturday, February 20, 2010

Restoran Chao Zhou @ Chai Leng Park, Penang

Back to North again for a golf event in Sg. Petani and it was a day before the event I took the opportunity to meet an old friend from Padang Serai in Province Wellesley (now known as Seberang Perai). Ooi Bee Tin, her hubby Charlie Ong and her two lovely daughters Ashley & Zhu Ying treated me a dinner at Restoran Chao Zhou at Chai Leng Park.

This place must be having a brisk business especially during a festival season like Chinese New Year which I reckon they would like their customers to patronise their New Year packages rather than serving simple ala carte dishes. We were there early probably around 6pm the restaurant has just started their evening business.

We ordered a Fish Head Fried Hor Fun but instead of fish head we were given fish meat (as the fish head is out of stock). This is their signature dish of Restoran Chao Zhou.
This dish is rather unique which you could hardly find it elsewhere.

I like this fried stuffed squid, it was really special and tasted fabulous. I had two of it and I love sotong.

This is a combination of Ku Chai veggie cake and Lobak, I guess this is a typical Teochew cuisine. I have never seen such a dish for a long time in any restaurant.

I would like to thank Bee Tin & family for their hospitality and the wonderful dinner at this Teochew restaurant in Taman Chai Leng.

Restoran Chao Zhou
(Teochew Restaurant)
No.107,109,111,
Jalan Gan Chai Leng,
Taman Chai Leng,
13700 Perai, Penang.
H/P: (6012) 477 7101 (Mr.Ng)
Tel: (604)397 8948
Fax: (604) 398 3341
Email:info@restoranchaozhou.com
GPS : 5.386058,100.388555

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you sure Padang Serai is in Seberang Perai ? ? ? I too was born in Padang Serai which is in Kedah. Since when did Penang state took over Padang Serai?