Thursday, April 15, 2010

Charcoal Cooked Clay Pot Rice @ Kim Poh, Segambut, Kuala Lumpur

It was 1990 where I first step into this shop “Kedai Makanan Kim Poh”, a place introduced by a subcontractor friend and today I am back again for a late lunch. Fortunately they were still in business as it was already 3.00pm and probably I might be the last customer of the day.

Kim Poh uses charcoal stove for the clay pot rice and the rice is delicious and stands out in term of its taste and fragrance.

I was attracted more of the soup on this hot day and was craving for a good and clear soup. I wanted a Watercress soup but all have been sold out hence I have to opt for a Winter Melon soup.

On a hot & quite day after a lunch break at Persiaran Segambut Dalam.


Kedai Makanan Kim PohJalan Persiaran Segambut Dalam
Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 012 3062 192, 03 6258 3167 (Shop)
GPS : 3.182591,101.678321

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was my favorite since my childhood. This restaurent produce "the Kick" when one remember the kind of food we crave for, we wanted to have it, so badly! We called it "the Kick".
Am very particular in food, when someone recommend me some nice food or restaurent, i will always ask "Got the Kick?"

Tailim said...

Dominic - I am glad you get the kick out of this clay pot rice. While you are still kicking please you go & find more good places to get more kicks. Have a good day.