Thursday, April 29, 2010

Penang Village @ Great Eastern Mall, Ampang, KL

I thought I can savour some authentic Penang Food here at Penang Village Restaurant @ Great Eastern Mall, KL.

The name is Penang Village but the food isn’t like Penang food. You just take anyone from the streets of Penang to sample the food we had it here and I bet they will agree with me.

The décor is nice but not the crowd if you compare to the restaurant next door. Hopefully they will sustain and do better in the near future.

The taste of the food is all right just that it is not authentically Penang Food lah.

The Village Fried Rice (RM14.90) was delicious which comes with fried chicken, achar, fried egg and dry sambal.

The Curry Mee (RM9.90) is far like Penang Curry Mee, to me, it’s like Curry Mee of KL though the taste is good.

Penang Char Hor Fun (RM14.90) is just like a typical KL Wa Tan Hor (Cantonese fried noodle).

Oyster Omelets (RM16.90) is a great disappointment nothing close to Penang Or Chen (Penang Oyster Omelets).

Ais Kacang (RM7.50) – This dessert is awesome and at last we enjoyed a good and real Penang dessert.

Chendol (RM6.90) – Another fantastic dessert of Penang with superb quality & standard. The green chendol is smooth and soft. Same goes for the red bean. It's definitely better than Wahab's chendol @ Rampai Bussiness Centre. Another thumb up for the chendol.

The pricing is slightly pricey maybe the expatriates will find the food here to their liking. The quality of the desserts in this restaurant is gorgeous that I must say. Probably it is a good idea to eat your main course at the restaurant next door and come over here for dessert.

Penang Village Restaurant
Lot 8&9, Level 3
Great Eastern Mall
303, Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur

GPS: 3.160334,101.736875

3 comments:

nadz said...

Dear Tai Lim,
wow..ABC (ice kacang...!)RM 7.50..
I dont know what to say, just wish that someone will treat me that.

Tailim said...

nadz - the ABC is superb and maybe if you r in KL I boleh belanja lah.

JoinMe.com.my said...

Hi Sin Tai Lim,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.