Thursday, November 23, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 40 Muar to Melaka

Good morning Julia Vochkova I love your drawing.
With an early morning rise I roamed the town looking for food as usual and here I was at Cheong Heng for a meal of dry noodle.
The shop was crowded and popular among students before attending their classes.
My noodle with roasted pork and a side order of braised soya tofu and egg.
My folded bicycle neatly tucked underneath the table while I ate my breakfast peacefully
The damage at Cheong Heng.
t's checking out at Muarar 99 Hotel.
Passing the elegant Muar clock tower.
Good bye Muar as I crossed Sultan Ismail Bridge along route 5 or Jalan Kesang.
Another crown seen at Jalan Kesang before I turned off into the kampung road at Jalan Kesang Laut.
After 14km I was at the border entering the State of Melaka
Sg Rambai, Melaka
Masjid Jamek Ar Rahim at the junction of Jalan Muar Lama. A mosque built during the time of Dato Anuar Ibrahim when he was the Deputy Prime Minister.
I befriended this Imam from the mosque, Iman Haji Mohd trying out the bike while I was having a drink at his shop just opposite the mosque.
Makam Tun Teja, the burial ground of the legendary beauty in Merlimau.
Attracted by a row of old bicycle display in a kampung.
Masjid Kampung Tedong surrounded by paddy field.
The old mosques in Melaka have a peculiar feature of a combination of Malay, Chinese, Hindu and Sumatran influence. The minaret resembles a pagoda.
And slowly I inched into the historical city.
I rode without wearing any cap for the rest of the ride just to even up my sun tan.
At last I have reached the gateway of the Portuguese fortress, A Famosa and at the Red Square where the Stadthuys building built by the Dutch.
I checked into Cafe 1511 next to the Nyonya Baba Museum at Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock.
So happy to be able to meet my friends again in Melaka.
Cendol special at Kocik Kitchen
And a small bite of Nyonya kueh.
An hour later there was a pre-gathering of Brompton buddies at Hard Rock Cafe for a Melaka warm-up ride.
There were friends from Thailand who have came to Melaka specially for this Historical Brompton Ride.
The fun and joy riding together at Melaka.

A bit of ride at the river of Melaka.
Capitol Delicious Seafood Back Alley near Mdm King’s,
Jalan Bunga Raya.
Our treat for our Thai guests at this unique back alley food.
Grilled cutterfish at the back alley
We were all full to the throat and could not stomach anymore. We just watch the famous Fried oyster man at work, Medan Makan Boon Leong.

No comments: