Thursday, September 20, 2007

Prawn Mee aka Penang Hokkien Mee @ Ampang



Recommended by Peter and Mary (friends of my wife from SIB Church), as the best prawn mee in Ampang area. I took a trip to Ampang one morning, the coffee shop is located before Ampang town, opposite LRT Station and @ a traffic light junction where you can find Public Bank, Shell station and the coffee shop "Restoran Fook Tatt" at their respective sides of the junction.
The bowl of mee cost RM3.50 and bigger portion comparatively with PJ or Taman Tun Dr. Ismail standard (I reckon at least 25% more). The taste is quite alright except I find it a bit oily, maybe from the chili paste (put too much of it). Car parking is a problem, you need to park behind the row of shops near a masjid / surau.

Given a choice, I would prefer the one in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail known as Restoran Yong Len opposite Perodua showroom. It is still the best for me. But at least I know a place near home where I can get good bowl of prawn mee.

No comments: